Friday, October 23, 2009

Sugar-and-Spice Twists


Tonight my little man, Keegan and I made something YUMMY for dessert! Super quick, cheap and easy, here's the recipe:

Sugar-and-Spice Twists
Ingredients:
1 tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 package (6-count) refrigerated breadsticks

**I didn't measure out the cinnamon & sugar because I already had a container with them mixed together from a previous recipe and the only fridge breadsticks I found came in a can of 12.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Mix sugar & cinnamon together in a shallow dish or on a plate; set aside.
3. Divide breadsticks into 6 pieces and roll each piece into a 12" rope. Roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Twist into pretzel shape. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet, let cool for 5 minutes then serve warm.

**I had a hard time getting the pretzel shape so I just sort of tied a knot in the dough and left it at that. Also, I sprinkled more of the cinnamon-sugar on top of the knot right before I placed them in the oven. You can also use colored sugar sprinkles instead of the sugar to give it a fun holiday color or party color.


Here's hubby digging in:

A big hit for the whole family!
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment