Sunday, October 25, 2009

25 Ways To Show Respect To Your Hubby

As I've mentioned before, I'm reading Becoming The Woman of His Dreams. I couldn't sleep tonight (yikes, it's 2:30am and I have to teach childrens' church at 10am) so I got up to spend some much needed time with the Lord. Once I finished my devotional I got back to reading in this book. At the end of the section about showing respect to our husbands the author had this list of 25 ways to show respect and I thought I'd share it on my blog! I'm still learning about how to show respect so this was quickly copied into my notebook and I'm even toying with the idea of framing it! LOL Anyways, here it is:

1. Don't talk down to him.
2. Don't talk badly about him to others.
3. Don't check behind him to make sure he did something to your standards.
4. Don't disregard his wishes.
5. Don't ignore his requests.
6. Don't laugh at his mistakes.
7. Don't make him the brunt of your jokes.
8. Don't compare him to other men.
9. Don't complain about your finances or his ability as a provider.
10. Don't speak sarcastically or with verbal jabs.
11. Don't roll your eyes when he makes a comment you don't agree with.
12. Don't continually "have a better idea."
13. Talk to him in a pleasant tone.
14. Speak highly or compliment him in front of others.
15. Allow him to do tasks his own way and then thank him when he is finished.
16. Value his opinions.
17. Support his decisions.
18. Try to fulfill his requests.
19. Thank him for providing for your family.
20. Allow him to make final decisions.
21. Support him in his decisions, regardless of the outcome.
22. Avoid the words, "I told you so."
23. Take care of your appearance.
24. Ask his opinion about your clothes and hairstyle.
25. Tell him you are proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment