Thursday, October 8, 2009

First post...

Alright, so I have a blog for my paper crafting obsession and figured it was due time for me to make a blog for my other obsession...my desire to be a domestic diva! I want so much to be like the woman described in Proverbs 31 and I know it will be a work that will last me a lifetime but I'm up for the challenge! I'm pretty positive that I was born in the wrong decade! LOL My ideal decade would be the 50's. I picture myself like a Joan Cleaver or something! I love their dresses, they're all dressed up and pretty and dinner is cooking when the hubby gets home and the family is all loving and wonderful!

This blog will be where I post recipes that I come across that my family loves, tips that I learn for living frugally, fun things I do with my kiddos, info about books I'm reading and so on and so forth! I'll even add my Weight Watcher stuff and use my other blog: (christinathesassyscrapper.blogspot.com) strictly for my paper crafting.

I'm always looking for sites or blogs that have tips or advice for any area of being a good christian wife or mother so if you have any suggestions, be it your own or someone elses, feel free to leave me a comment with the web address and I'd love to check it out!

I guess to kick off my blog I'll post the recipe I'm using for dinner tonight. We're having BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches!! This recipe is a favorite in our house and anyone that has been over & eaten dinner with us had loved it too!
The recipe goes as follows:
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 hours on Low or 6-7 hours on High

Ingredients:
1 pork shoulder roast (about 2 1/2 lbs---I haven't found any that small so the one I'm cooking right now is 6 lbs so I adjust the ingredients for that big of a roast)
1 bottle (14 oz) BBQ sauce
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tsp brown sugar
1 medium onion, chopped
8 hamburger buns or rolls---hoagie rolls are delightful with this!

Directions:
1. Place pork roast in crockpot. Cover; cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
2. Remove pork; shred meat with 2 forks. Discard any liquid in slow cooker. Return pork to slow cooker; add bbq sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and onion. Cover; cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour longer.
3. Serve on buns/rolls.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment