Friday, October 9, 2009

I love my husband!

For those that don't know, I'm a homeschooling mom. My son, Keegan is just about to turn 7 years old and I've been homeschooling him since he was around 3 years old and I love it...most of the time! LOL We're involved in a christian homeschool co-op that meets 3 Fridays a month and has field trips the last week of the month. The great thing about the co-op is that not only do our kids get a chance to take "classes" with other kids from christian homes, us moms get a chance to visit and learn too! An amazing lady named Rebeca leads a Moms Encouragement Class for the moms that are interested in it. This semester we're reading a book called: Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes. I haven't been able to read much of it because of how busy life has been but I did read the first part of it and I listen to Rebeca talk about sections in the book and it's just awesome! I've really been feeling the Lord pushing me to keep learning and growing in my job as a mom & wife and this study has just really helped me to stop and think about how I react to things and how I treat my husband! I feel like I've hit the spouse jackpot and married the most amazing man in the entire world. Josh is loving, caring, funny, handsome, a great father, patient, even-tempered, selfless, compassionate, adoring....I could go on and on! He's not perfect but let me tell you, he's pretty darn close in my book! Sure, there's things he does that bug me and I don't agree with the way he handles some situations in our lives but I adore that man more than he could ever know! Now, I feel like my poor husband didn't even come close to hitting the spouse jackpot! I'm so not the great spouse that he is to me and that breaks my heart! I want to be that loving, doting wife that never nags, never overreacts, is patient and kind and is always smitten with my husband but I'm sooooo not!!! I'm quick to critisize, ungrateful at times, easily annoyed/stressed...on and on! The crazy thing is that even though I'm like that, Josh really makes me feel like he adores me! WHAT?!?! It's nuts! The Lord really, really, really blessed me with such a great husband! I'm hoping that since the kids & I are going to take it easy today that I'll get a chance to read some of the book. My personal goal is to do something nice for my hubby everyday and really keep pushing myself to work on being a better wife! I want Josh to be able to feel as lucky and blessed and spoiled as I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment