Monday, January 11, 2010

Yummy Gummi Candy

I'm having one of those days where I don't feel like doing any sit down, worksheet school work with my son so I opted to find something fun to do instead. I found a yummy recipe for homemade gummi candy and Keegan thought it would be fun so off we went to get the supplies. I found a package at Walmart that had several different candy molds in it (it was in the wedding supplies/birthday cake making supplies/candy supplies section). It was only $9 and it came with hearts, flowers, automobiles, fruit, party theme, letters, numbers and 1 or 2 more. I'm being too lazy to get up and go look right now! :)

All you need to make one batch of this gummi candy is:
2 envelopes (1/4oz each) of unflavored gelatine (I used Knox brand...over in the jello section)
1 box (3oz) flavored jello (I used generic)
1/3 cup water
candy molds although I'm sure ice cube trays would work just as good




Start by putting 1/3 cup water into a small saucepan, add the jello & gelatine, mix together and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Place saucepan on medium heat and stir until liquid consistancy.
Let cool for a minute and place in something for easy pouring. You could use a small ceramic pitcher but I didn't have one. I just used a paper cup that I could pinch the end and it worked wonderfully. Pour into candy molds (no need to grease the molds) and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes. When you go to take the candy out of the molds, I just used a toothpick to pull up the edge and then peeled it out. Don't worry about breaking them, they are TOUGH little things!

ENJOY!!!



Keegan chose to test out orange and I tested out cherry and both were really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment