Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jello Popcorn! YUMMY-LICIOUS! AND a new book!

The last few months the Lord has really been telling me that I need to come up with a schedule for my day with the kids. I was whining or venting one day on Facebook and 2 friends suggested I read Managers of Their Homes by the Maxwells. Managers of Their Chores was also highly recommended so, as always, I'm a sucker for trying out new books, I quickly used my Christmas money (Thank you Linda & Emmett--my inlaws) and bought both books! They FINALLY showed up yesterday...now I'm not the most patient person so really it wasn't that long of a wait, I ordered them on Dec. 26th, they were shipped on the 28th and I got them yesterday, the 4th but to me, that's an eternity! LOL Anywho, I'm about 1/2 way done with MOTH and it's really got me jazzed to come up with a schedule! I'll have more time to do fun things with the kids and actually having them scheduled in will make it a major priority and it will actually get done! I don't know how many times I've thought about taking the kids to the park or something and then end up wasting time on something else and before I know it, it's too late! It will also be nice for my son to know what is planned for any given moment of everyday. I probably won't schedule anything on Sundays because those are my hubby's days off and we just play things by ear on those days! We've scheduled Family Game/Movie nights for every Friday and on NYE we all came up with 12 different family things to do (1 per month for a year) so that will be scheduled in too! Life is going to be MUCH nicer and we'll have a lot more fun too!

So...I scheduled in some baking time today and Keegan and I looked at one of my new favorite blogs:
Our Best Bites and found a recipe for Jello Popcorn (click the recipe name to be taken to the recipe). Both of us were pretty stoked about trying out this new recipe! I just love that Keegan is so willing and excited to try out crafts and recipes and stuff with me! Hopefully Tatym will like it too! I dug through my cupboards and thankfully found 1 box of jello that wasn't sugar-free. I always buy sugar-free but I think I'm going to have to rethink that because I saw another recipe that called for regular jello too! Something about the sugar-free doesn't let it cook the same way! Anyway, we had blue-raspberry which turned out to be such a pretty color:


I didn't let Keegan do much of the stirring on the stove just because I didn't want it to burn...kids are notorious for only stirring one small area of the pan and not getting it all mixed around! LOL I did let him pour in all the ingredients and he thinks that's pretty fun in itself! Easily amused, thank goodness!

Here we have the end product...a yummy batch of blue-raspberry jello popcorn! It really is soooo good!


Keegan (aka, my assistant) enjoying his snack while doing his math! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment