Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.


It's a FABULOUSLY stormy day on the Oregon coast and as much as I LOVE a good stormy day, I hate that my hubby has to work outside in it! The upside is that he's an RV salesman so there aren't as many customers that come in on a stormy day but of course the downside is...no customers = no paycheck! Eeeek! So, I figured the least thing I could do to show my hubby how much I appreciate his hard work and how much I love him is to bake him some yummy cookies! I feel bad because we're trying to eat better but I LOVE to bake and hubby LOVES to eat what I bake! :O) See, we're a perfect match! Today I decided to make some Irresistable JIF Peanut Butter Cookies! This is by far my most favorite PB cookie recipe EVER!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup JIF PB
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda

Heat oven to 375*.

Combine PB, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add egg & beat until blended. Add flour, salt & baking soda (I don't just dump it in, I add a little at a time, using my mixer the whole time.) and mix until blended. Drop by heaping tsp. fulls 2" apart onto cookie sheet. Flatten slightly in criss-cross pattern with tines of fork (I don't do it all the time). Bake for 7-8 minutes. I bake them until there is a little golden brown color on the tops of the cookies that way when they cool, they are still chewy and oh-so-delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment