Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CAKE BALLS!!!

Phew, it's been a busy day for me today! (See the 2 previous posts from earlier in the day.) I saw these red velvet cake balls over on the Bakerella site (LOVE HER SITE)! She has soooo many neat treats that I'm definitely going to attempt! I've never had a red velvet cake before but thought I'd give them a try and if they turned out good then I'd make more for Valentine's Day. Come to find out...I'm not a fan of the red velvet cake! Oh well.



The recipe is really simple, just takes some time because you have to bake the cake then let it cool completely. Then when that's done you have to crumble the cake, mix it together with 1 can of cream cheese frosting then shape into little balls and stick in the freezer for a few hours.


Next you melt some almond bark and roll the balls in the melted chocolate and set on some parchment paper to cool and harden. With the milk chocolate cake balls I put them in the fridge then melted some white chocolate and drizzled it over the top of them and sprinkled candy cane dust over the tops. I used the rest of the white chocolate to cover the other cookie sheet of cake balls and sprinkled candy cane dust over the tops. I put both sheets back in the fridge to harden up and viola...all done! :)



Even though I don't like the cake, everything tastes better with chocolate and peppermint sprinkled on top! LOL Hubby says he thinks he'd really like these made with a yellow cake mix so that will be my next attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment