Saturday, January 9, 2010

Creepy Crawler Treat

My 7 year old said the dreaded "B" word today...BORED! Yikes, the thing a mom hates to hear! LOL I looked online at my FAVORITE site: Family Fun to find something for us to create. I just LOVE pipe cleaners, they are so great for so many crafts and I happen to have an abundance of these on hand so I decided to try out the lollipop spider. It was under the Halloween crafts (ick...hate Halloween) but I thought it would be fun anytime of the year and even contemplated making some for Valentines Day for the boys in our homeschool co-op.

These are so quick and easy to make and even my 18 month old daughter was ohhing and ahhing over this! LOL

All you need is 4 black pipe cleaners, a lollipop, googley eyes and glue.

Holding all 4 pipe cleaners in your hand, place the base of the lollipop in the center of the pipe cleaners and wrap the pipe cleaners around the stick once, just to secure it on there and you should have 4 "legs" on each side of the stick. Bend the pipe cleaners near the bottom to form feet and in the middle to form knees. Use glue to attach the googley eyes onto the top of the lollipop and viola...a creepy crawly lollipop spider! Easy, huh?! HAVE FUN!!

Oh and before I go...had to add a quick pic of my little basketball player! Today was his 1st game of the season and although his team didn't do that well, he had a BLAST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment