Friday, January 8, 2010

Week 1 of my weight-loss for the new year!

Today was week #1 weigh-in at our house and I'm proud and extremely excited to report that I lost 4.6 lbs this week!!! WOOOOOOOO!!! Now, I am so beyond excited about that but also mad at myself for having gained 10 lbs over the past 2 months! It's so frustrating that this is going to be a life-long battle for me, trying to maintain healthy weight and always having to watch what I eat and make sure I'm exercising regularly. Why couldn't I have been born with the fabulous genes of just being naturally skinny (not grossly skinny) and not having to worry so much about that kind of stuff? Or at least be born with the gene that enjoys working out and eating healthy! LOL My sister is athletic, loves to run and in fact, the last time she was down visiting, she went for her usual morning run and decided to try to see if she could run a half marathon and guess what...she ended up running almost 15 miles that morning! WHAT?!?! I'm so proud of her but I think, who would want to spend 2 1/2 hours just running around town? That doesn't seem at all like a good time to me! LOL

With that said, I do enjoy working out, once I'm in the habit of it and in the middle of a workout. It takes a lot of push and will power to get up and do it but I feel so good afterwards! I've lost my walking buddy because she got a gym membership so she's been going there at night and with it getting dark so early I don't feel all that comfortable walking alone...but I do it sometimes. I just make sure I have my pepper spray and whistle and cell phone and flashlight! My hubby's friend says I should just strap on a big assualt rifle and walk around...sure nobody would think to mess with me then! LOL Hubby has given me the ok to use some of our tax returns to get a gym membership and I can't wait!!! The gym I want to join has a pool and I LOVE to swim! I just need to find a time when no one else is there so I can get in and not feel so self concious about my body! I am determined to lose this freakin weight by my 30th birthday! Just a little under 13 months to go so I better hop to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment