Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Candy Cane Popcorn



First off, make sure to check out the blog: Skip To My Lou Cindy has so many fabulous crafts and recipes that you just HAVE to try out! I found this recipe for candy cane popcorn and knew I had to give it a whirl! My awesome friend Sara had given us one of those cans that have 3 different kinds of popcorn in it for Christmas, so instead of popping a bag of popcorn, I just had my son fill up a mixing bowl with the butter popcorn from the Christmas popcorn can. I melted a package of vanilla flavored Almond Bark and while I was melting it on the stove, Keegan was all too eager to beat up the candy canes for me in a ziploc bag until there were hardly any solid chunks of candy cane left (about 40 mini candy canes). After the almond bark was melted I added all but about 1/2 cup of the candy canes and mixed it all up. I then dumped the mixture in the bowl with the popcorn, stirred it around until all the popcorn was covered. I then laid out a piece of parchment paper and spread out the gooey popcorn to let it cool and then sprinkled the rest of the candy cane dust over the top. Now, I'm not the most patient person in the world so I opted to put the parchment paper on a cookie sheet and shove it in the fridge to help it cool faster!

This is SUCH a yummy recipe!!! Give it a shot! :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy ! Thanks for sharing the recipe =)

    ReplyDelete