Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weight Loss Adventure

Ok so I've done HORRIBLY with my diet lately and this week I've gained 2 lbs. I'm back up to 250 lbs. *grrrr* but yesterday I switched back to diet pop (I'd been drinking regular pop for the past 2+ weeks) and I'm cutting WAY back on my special coffee drinks from Human Bean. Since life has been so busy lately I'd been getting the coffee drinks almost daily and those suckers I'm sure are mega loaded with calories. I haven't gone on a walk since before Thanksgiving so I desperately need to get back to exercising. We're having a freakishly cold winter this year so that doesn't help along with my lack of motivation to get me out the door in the evenings! With it getting dark earlier in the evening its getting harder for me to go out walking alone. I plan on getting my concealed weapon permit along with my husband and I want to buy a pink pistol and I joke about hot gluing rhinestones on it too...ok, so it's partially joking and partially seriousness! LOL What can I say, I'm a girly-girl! With the world being as messed up as it is and what seems to be an increase in violence in our county, I would just feel better if I could carry a little gun. Not that I'd want to use it but I think even being able to pull it out just to show the bad guy that I'm armed would make me feel better. My husband is a gun-lover so it's like a dream come true for him to have a wife that actually wants to carry a gun! Don't get me wrong, guns scare the ba-geez out of me but I think in this day and age it's definitely worth having and knowing how to safely use.

So...when I started my weight loss adventure my goal was to reach my ideal weight by my 30th birthday. I now have about 13 1/2 months to lose 90-100 lbs. All the WW materials say for my height (5'9") I should weigh around 155 lbs. My DH likes girls with a little meat on their bones (which I jokingly just say he likes fat girls...he doesn't think it's as funny as I do) so he doesn't like me saying that I want to get in the 150's so I guess I should say I want to get back to the weight I was when we first met. At 17 years old I fluctuated between 170-175 so to get to that weight I need to lose 80 lbs. That averages out to 1.4 lbs a week that I'd need to lose! OY...I really better start shaping up (literally) or I won't be reaching my goal by my 30th birthday! So, please pray for me! Pray that I have stronger will power, that I can keep my eyes on my goal and not get bogged down or slip into old habits!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo with you babe! I too recommitted tonight. So... when are we walking tomorrow? Even if it's too cold out, we can always walk the dreaded mall... hey, it's better than nothing!!! Also... I had a thought... any intrest in training to do teh Eugene 1/2 marathom with me in May? Come on... you know you want to!!!! PLEASE?!

    ReplyDelete