Saturday, December 12, 2009

Andes Mint Cookies


These cookies are my hubby's FAVORITE cookies! I usually only make them at Christmas time but once in a blue moon I'll bust some out to put a smile on his face! The recipe is on the back of the package but thought I'd put it on here while I was at it. I was a baking machine today! I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, 2 batches of Andes mint cookies and 5 dozen pumpkin cupcakes (recipe in a previous post). I took some down to this building that has opened it's doors as a warming shelter to our local homeless people! What a blessing from God! We've had such horrendously freezing cold days for several weeks that it's just awesome that people are willing to do something like that! A friend of mine rallied people into donating blankets and clothes and stuff and today I thought it might be nice if people baked goodies and took them down there! I'm so thankful to have a roof over my head and it breaks my heart to think of people out in the freezing cold and rain! I prayed for everyone at the shelter and I just pray a blessing on the owners of The Green Spot for opening their doors to the less fortunate!
Alright, here's the recipe for the Andes Mint Cookies:

FYI--the recipe calls to put the whole bag of mint pieces in one batch of cookies but I don't like that much in mine so I just made a double batch and used one bag of mint pieces. I'll post the recipe as it is on the package but just thought I'd add my 2 cents! :)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package (10 oz) Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips
2 2/3 cups flour

Directions:
Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed. Stir in Andes baking chips and then flour. **I've found the easiest way to add this to the mix is to add the chips, blend together and then add a 1/2 cup of flour, mix, add another 1/2 cup flour, mix again, add another 1/2 cup, mix again, etc. The dough gets pretty tough after you add the flour in.** Chill approx. 1 hour in fridge. Drop dough on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

ENJOY!



1 comment:

  1. Yummy those cookies look so good ! Thanks for sharing the recipe and i will be making some soon.

    ReplyDelete