Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa's letter came today!

Keegan & his letter from Santa

When Keegan was 1 I paid like $5-$10 for a company to mail him a letter from Santa along with a sticker and something else (I must be getting old, my memory isn't what it used to be LOL) and I think I paid for one the next year as well. I then decided that it was pretty stupid to pay someone else to send him a letter when I could do the same exact thing! Every year since then I've always bought some Christmasy typing paper and envelopes and typed up a letter from Santa. Keegan had his letter to Santa done like 1.5 weeks ago and he mentioned a few times that he hoped Santa would remember to write him back. Oops...way to go slacker mom! LOL Night before last I typed up his letter and had to sneak it into the mailbox yesterday when we were out running errands! Today Keegan went out to get the mail but he never looks through it so he didn't see his letter. I pulled it out and the look on his face was priceless! I LOVE that he still believes in Santa, it adds so much more magic and fun to the holiday. Don't get me wrong, I know Santa is not the main part of Christmas and we do focus a lot on Jesus but the Santa stuff is fun to do because of all the surprises. This in no way means we don't love Jesus more than Santa, we're just having fun while the kids are little! Anyways, I had Keegan read me his letter and every other sentence he'd look up at me with this sparkle in his eye and a big smile would form on his face! I wish I video taped it! I didn't do a letter to Tatym just because she could care less about it but next year...yeah buddy, I'm all over it! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment