Thursday, December 10, 2009

Muddy Buddies

I've gotta giggle a little bit because less than an hour ago I post about my weight loss (lack thereof) and my goal and then I go and make some Muddy Buddies! :) Don't worry, I'm not eating very much of them!

I've never made these before but I think Kate from Jon & Kate +8 made something like it but she called it...what did she call it??? My mind is blanking! Anyways, it looked really good and I always wanted to make it and now that baking season is in full swing I got the hankerin to make some up!

Of course I had to get my big helper to help me out:


Ingredients:
9 cups corn chex (or rice, wheat or chocolate chex) cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Pour the cereal into a big mixing bowl


2. In a microwavable bowl combine the choc. chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. If necessary, microwave for another 30 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth. (Our microwave did the job in the first minute.)


3. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage bags. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.


4. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.


Viola: Muddy Buddies!
They taste so yummy!! Now I'm off to bag some up and take down to my hubby at work! He'll be super happy for the little treat!!

Here's a pic of my wonderful assistant enjoying some gobs of peanut butter (YUCK!):

No comments:

Post a Comment