Monday, November 23, 2009

Mmmm...mmm...Playdoh!



This afternoon my son, Keegan and I made some yummy smelling playdoh using a recipe I found on the Clearly iStamp blog. To save you an extra step I'm including directions in this posting!

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 envelope kool-aid
1 cup water
1 tsp veg. oil

Directions:
Place all the ingredients into a medium size saucepan and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the dough starts forming a stiff ball in the center of the pan. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for about a minute. I let each dough ball cool on the floured area and then put them in a quart size freezer bag so that it wouldn't dry out. The kool-aid not only colors the dough but it gives it a yummy smell as well!

FYI I used a lemonade flavor for yellow but when it got mixed in with the other ingredients it didn't have any color so I put several drops of yellow food coloring in it. The other kool-aid flavors did awesome!

Keegan is soooo excited about the playdoh, he even asked if we could "take them places". I asked what he meant and he asked if we could take them to friends' or family members houses! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment