Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring has sprung, Taco Pie and *gulp* Weigh-In

I see signs of SPRING!!! WAHOO!


I took my little sweets to the park today to enjoy the FABULOUS sunshine and totally took the opportunity to get some cute shots in while we were there! Aren't they just precious?!





I also have a recipe that I got from the Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen blog. It's for Taco Pie which may sound interesting but it was so yummy! My son's Cub Scout Pack had their Blue & Gold Banquet tonight so I needed a casserole dish to take for the potluck and this was perfect! Sorry I don't have a picture, it was one of those crazy busy evenings and I was too rushed to even think about stopping for a picture!

Ingredients:
•1 pound Hamburger Meat
•1/2 cup Onion
•1 package (1 Oz. Packet) Taco Seasoning
•2 cans (8 Oz. Can) Crescent Rolls
•1 bag (9 Oz. Bag) Fritos
•16 ounces Sour Cream
•8 ounces Cheddar Cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook meat. Drain, and add chopped onion and taco seasoning packet. Add the water the packet calls for, and simmer as instructed on the taco seasoning packet.
3. Cover the bottom and sides of 13×9 casserole dish with the crescent rolls. Press seams together to make one continuous crust (you may not need all of the second package).
4. Cover the crescent roll crust with a layer of crushed Fritos (I use the larger scoops; you can all use tortilla chips instead of Fritos). Add your meat mixture to the top of your crushed chip layer.
5. Spread sour cream over the meat mixture.
6. Sprinkle cheese over the sour cream.
7. Top with another layer of crushed Fritos.
8. Cook for 30 minutes.

So, now for the bad news...I gained 0.8 lbs this week! *sniffle* Really, I'm shocked it wasn't more because seriously, I've been eating so much garbage and not tracking my points! BAD BAD BAD! The upside is I did workout 3 days this last week so that's probably what saved me the most! This week my goal is to count my points and journal everyday and workout at least 4 days!

Alright, I have a crazy toddler type child running amuck in the house so I need to close this! Have a great weekend blogland friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment