Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cereal comin out the WAZOO! :)

Like I said earlier, I'm totally hooked on this whole world of couponing! I was given a heads up that Albertsons was going to be having a big sale on Post cereal and that I should get on ebay and order up a bunch of coupons for $1 off 2 boxes. Then there was rumor that the Albertson's ads would have their doubler coupons making it $2 off 2 boxes. Team that with a deal that for every 5 boxes you buy, you get a $4 catalina (an in-store coupon to be used with your next purchase). So, yes, I paid $2 for 40 coupons. People may scoff at the idea of paying for coupons (we're actually not paying for the coupons themselves, it's for the time the seller put in by getting the coupons and clipping them and mailing them out to the buyer) but you know what??? At the end of this sale I will have gotten 100 boxes of name brand cereal and the only money I will have spent in the end is the $2 I paid for the coupons!!! $2 for 100 boxes of Post cereals...who's scoffin now??? LOL Seriously though, so far today I've been able to get 30 boxes of cereal which is now piling up in my garage:

Well, actually that is only 23 boxes because I gave 2 to my neighbor and I've got 5 sitting by my couch to be taken to a friend's house before I go to church tonight. I also was able to have a friend meet me at the store and I gave her enough coupons to get 15 boxes for her family as well. So far today, that's 45 boxes of free cereal! I'll be heading back to Albertson's before church and again after church! :)
I plan on donating some to our church for food baskets and giving some to other friends and family members...there's no way my family could eat that many boxes of cereal in even a years time but there's no way I'm going to pass up free cereal! LOL

I've also been signing up for a lot of freebie stuff, including the offer from Shutterfly that you get 3 free picture cards and all you pay is the $0.99 for shipping!


I opted to get thank you cards which always come in handy! A few weeks ago I got 280 address labels from Vistaprint and all I had to pay was the $4.60 for shipping! If you're interested in keeping up with all the hot deals, freebies and fun, check out these sites (click on the name to be taken to their site):
Money Saving Mom
Fabulessly Frugal
The Frugal Girls
Give Me Neither
Thrifty NW Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment