Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rainbow Egg Cupcakes

Being in the holiday spirit, thought it was due time to make some rainbow cupcakes! First of all, let me just say that Easter is my 2nd favorite holiday (Christmas is my first). It's the most amazing event in history that we celebrate...Jesus' resurrection! For those that don't know, Jesus died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, he was placed in a tomb and 3 days later rose from the dead, just as He said He would do! Because of his death & resurrection, we are now able to join our Lord in Heaven!!!! What an amazing gift that we are all so undeserving of!! HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!!!!

Today my sweet little Bitty (that's my nickname for my daughter) is sick with some sort of stomach flu. She's thrown up 5 times already and is thankfully now taking a nap. Poor little baby cakes! While she's napping my son and I made these yummy rainbow cupcakes using our Easter cupcake tray. We just used a white cake mix and separated it into 6 bowls and used food coloring:


I then layered the cake mixes in the cupcake tray to make a rainbow:



This is what they looked like when they came out of the pan:


I then topped it with cream cheese frosting and cut it in half to see how the rainbow layers turned out:


Keegan was so excited about it and exclaims, "Mom, I LOVE your cooking!" Awwww...exactly what I love to hear from my kiddos! Have a very happy Easter everyone!!! God bless you!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks yumalicious! :D :)

    HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!!!
    Tal

    p.s. happy easter!

    ReplyDelete